HikerBot is a crowd-sourced guidebook and navigation app for long-distance hikers that fully works even in airplane mode.
A variety of trail data sources exists whether in paper form or on-line. However, trail data ages quickly and becomes obsolete. HikerBot is designed to be the most up-to-date data source - since anyone can submit new data and make edits, right from the trail! These updates are propagated to other users immediately (when there is cell or wifi signal), or queued until a connection is available. Latest reports on water sources, snow conditions, restaurant reviews, photos, anything you'd want to know from hikers ahead ... are all automatically synced to your phone.
What can you do with HikerBot?
- Download high-resolution USGS topo maps.
- Latest GPS trail tracks and waypoints are synced automatically.
- Navigate using a moving map.
- You can update waypoint names, coordinates, descriptions, add photos and field reports, all in airplane mode.
- You can rate photos and comments - highest rated content automatically surfaces to the top.
- If you choose, automatically share your location with other hikers (once an hour to once a day), with an optional time delay (an hour to one day) and random position error (up to a mile). Let others follow your hike but keep your privacy on the trail!
- See a real-time feed of all activity in the app
HikerBot - PCT is a free software application from the Recreation subcategory, part of the Home & Hobby category.
The app is currently available in English and it was last updated on 2016-08-05. The program can be installed on Android.
HikerBot - PCT (version 0.70.15) is available for download from our website.
Just click the green Download button above to start. Until now the program was downloaded 10 times.
We already checked that the download link to be safe, however for your own protection we recommend that you scan the downloaded software with your antivirus.